31 October 2014

Bye :)


I have tried blogging from home before and it hasn't worked in past. It isn't working now. I just don't have anything interesting, at all, to share. I get up. The river is beautiful. I go to work. I come home. The river is still beautiful. I eat. I read. I do random activities. I feel constricted by geography and my, as I mentioned before, forlorn financial circumstances, but there is nothing to say. 

I had hoped I could dig deep, write about being a single older woman who had just moved to a different small Ontario town, how difficult - or easy - it was to pull up roots and start to put down new ones. But it isn't in me. I just don't care enough. My budget doesn't even stretch to IKEA shelving so much of my stuff remains unpacked in boxes, my to-do list, as long as my arm or longer, sits neglected, and, most serious of all, I am standing ostrich-like with my head buried deep in the sand, totally ignoring what ought to be my most pressing of all concerns, planning for my future. I know I won't like any answers I might find when I start to do the research and so I am not doing it. Instead I live day to day, putting time into my new job, exploring the area around here, traipsing frequently into Ottawa to visit with my oldest son, but not doing any of the things I 'ought' to be doing. 

So, I fear, my trusty readers... this is goodbye. 

I will continue to live in Arnprior, to teach Art, to put hours into my new job, and ramble about the area around here, and, of course, traipse into Ottawa on occasion to visit with my sons... but I just don't have enough to blog about so I will take a hiatus from blogging until I'm back off travelling again. 

I ought to have stopped posting, after all, just off the coast of Tahiti's little sister Mo'orea's shores where I swam with the whales. 

Or, more likely, I ought to have stayed there...  


Hugs, Emily.